Monday, July 02, 2007

Camping!!

 


This past weekend we went camping with our friends Mike & Lisa and had a wonderful time!! Sarah found a "wishing flower" and was amazed when I told her it was a dandelion. (Background: she danced as a dandelion in our church play this past spring so she though it was pretty cool to see a real dandelion)

 


Abby enjoyed hanging out in the woods, looking for butterflies, and visiting the horses that were camped with their owners nearby.

Posted by Picasa



 



 



 


Posted by Picasa


Playing with the quads was the hit of the weekend! The kids had a blast driving the quads around the meadow where we were camping! Unfortunately, Mom got thrown off one of the quads and now has a fractured patella and crutches (which the kids think are cool!LOL!)

UPDATE as of 7/6/07 I got a final radiology report and my patella isn't fractured, apparently it's just a deep (and very painful) bruise. I am grateful because I think (hope) it will heal more quickly. Pray for me because it's still pretty painful!!

6 comments:

Laurie said...

Sally... are you talking about YOU having a fractured patella???? Hope you are resting if so....

Love,
Laurie

Heather said...

Wow the kids look so BIG. And ouch! Some people will do anything to get out of house projects...

Grinning, running, and ducking--but if you're on crutches, I don't have to run too fast!

Heather

Sally Datria said...

Laurie, yes it's ME with the fractured patella....sigh...I seem to invite injury when I camp...and Heather, I will just throw my crutches at you so duck LOW!! BWAAHAHAHHAHAHA!!

I don't have the pictures yet because I think they are on Lisa's camera but by the end of the weekend Sarah was driving Jesse's little pink quad all by herself!

She was QUITE proud of herself!!

Susan said...

OH NO!! Hope you're feeling OK and the recoup time isn't too terribly long with that.

Looks like you guys had fun though.

:-) Susan

Heather said...

You're tagged for a meme since you're just sitting around (HAH)...
Love,
Heather

PS. SO glad it isn't fractured!

Debora Hoffmann said...

Sally! Ouchie! I hope your knee heals quickly. No more monkey business from you, young lady! :-)