Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Local Food Anyone??

A Meme to Drool Over
My friend Heather tagged me for a restaurant meme. I'm not sure Phoenix actually has "local" flavor but I will give the names of a few of my favorite local (as in close to my house) restaurants!!

Here are the rules:
*Link to the name of the person that tagged you
*Include state and country you live in
*List top 5 favorite local restaurants
*Tag 5 other people and let them know they've been tagged

1. Every Wednesday night we hit Chick Fil A. Now this is not LOCAL to Phoenix, it started out in Atlanta, Georgia...but you gotta love a fast food restaurant that plays Christian Praise Music in their dining room and where, on Wednesday night, I can get a free kids meal for every adult meal I buy!!

2. In-n-Out is my all time favorite burger joint. Again they are not LOCAL to Arizona, they are LOCAL to California. Seeing how I grew up in So Cal and truly was a beach babe growing up I can claim this as a fave. Fun Facts...you can order your burger "protein style" and they will serve it to you without the bun, wrapped in lettuce. You can also get a burger "animal style" where they grill your meat with mustard. You can order a double double (two meat patties, two cheese) but for those of you looking to REALLY clog an artery or two order a 3x3 or a 4x4!! Somewhere on each wrapper there is a bible verse printed...can you find it?

3. I'm beginning to think it's a little pathetic that all my favorite restaurants are fast food...but...One of my other favorite restaurants is Rubio's. I especially like that they have a whole wheat tortilla option, and I love their salsa fresca. If you ever go there you do have to order the salsa fresca from the counter.


4. Let's go Outback tonight!! Now, I'm not really that enthralled with a majority of Outback's food BUT I love a good steak (still mooing) and they have awesome cheese fries and a drink called a Wallebedarned that you can't get anywhere else. This is my favorite girls night out spot and I've spent many a great evening with Heather here so it has a special place in my heart.


5. My favorite eatery in Phoenix has been relocated to Florida so I can no longer get my favorites on a regular basis. It is called Casa de Nations. The menu is always changing but always wonderful as the chef is constantly trying out new recipes. Desserts from there are to die for!! The prices absolutely can't be beat!!

I'm tagging:
Amy W. because she took me to some fabulous places when I visited.
Laurie, because she already got tagged by Heather so maybe if we both get her she'll actually do it.
Debbie, partly because I know Dave (who lives in the same town won't do it!)
Wendy, because she might point me to some great places I can try out here.
Amy R., because Heather tagged her also, and again, maybe we'll get her to do it if we gang up on her!!

2 comments:

Debora Hoffmann said...

Oh, cool! I wannna play! Maybe in a little while...I'm trying to get a lot of work done (I work remotely from home) but am taking a quick break so I don't go crazy. Now I need to think of some local restaurants...

Amy Wallace said...

I'm working on my post now! (well, sort of... LOL)