I encountered a modern day miracle today. I took my kids to Big Surf today and we left at about 5:30 which in every part of the United States is the beginning of rush hour. Now, let me begin by saying I grew up in Southern California...I grew up driving in traffic. Heck, these days in California there is no rush hour because any hour is rush hour!! I know the perils of trying to change lanes in rush hour traffic. I know that you shouldn't actually put on your blinker because that will cause the person coming up in the lane you want to get into to speed up so you can't get in front of HIM (or her, I am not implying only men are bad drivers). I KNOW that the only way to get into a lane is to stick your nose in front of someone and dare them to hit your minivan with their BMW! I KNOW all of these things...but today, something came over me and I decided to try it. This was Phoenix after all and I hadn't driven in rush hour traffic in years (literally...I work 10 min from my house and I avoid freeways whenever possible at rush hour) maybe things had changed. So I bravely put on my blinker and waited patiently for a break in the traffic. It is there that I encountered my modern day miracle! In the course of 10 minutes I had to make 7 lane changes (three to get into the carpool lane and four to get out of it and off at my exit) and I had SEVEN people slow down and let me go in front of them to safely change lanes. It was AMAZING to this re-planted California girl! Truly a MIRACLE!!
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Isn't that a good thing? It's sad when we're amazed by the acts of kindness of those around us. Hope your leg is healing up well.
Susan
Post a Comment