
Have you ever smelled rain in the desert?? There is nothing like it! The smell of a summer rainstorm in the desert is unlike any other smell in the world.
It is a wet, musky, almost dusty, fairly indescribible smell. I LOVE IT!! There is nothing like taking a long deep breath of summer monsoon rain air!
This is the time of year in the hot Phoenix summer that you can sit back every evening when the sun is just about to go down, open the windows, take a deep breath and wait for the rain to start falling. I don't understand it completely, but it has something to do with the heat rising from all our concrete and moisture coming up from the Gulf of Mexico.
Whatever the reason, I really enjoy the rain and I hope we have a long monsoon season.
Saturday, July 21, 2007
I love the RAIN!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sounds wonderful! I love the smell of a good rain anyway, but I imagine it's even better in a place where rain is so rare.
:-) Susan
I can't wait to get back to smell it! It's one of my favorite smells, too. Although, I wish I didn't have to clean out my pool everytime a storm blows through=(
Niki
Niki, I didn't even know you had a pool. Guess I've never been in your backyard, just the house. I have candles for you and Theresa when you get home so call me!
Sally -- thank you for commenting on my blog. I come here and what do I see??? Quadding and Monsoon season. My sister lives in Oro Valley and she JUST THIS WEEK left to go quadding for a week with her family and mentioned in an e-mail that it is monsoon season. Enjoy the rain!
I plan on looking at COSTCO for page protectors. GREAT idea!! Thanks...
Post a Comment