The chronic pain of my "prepatellar bursitis" is just unbearable at times...I get so frustrated with my inability to do things...or the fact that it takes SO LONG to do something that used to only take me a few minutes...or the fact that when I do NORMAL things like washing dishes or doing laundry I am most certainly going to pay for it in my pain level later if not immediately. For those of you who have been in chronic pain for years...I feel for you...I have had chronic back problems that have limited my activities and caused pain on and off for years but it's nothing like what I'm dealing with right now. I have this constant chronic pain in my knee. It NEVER goes away, even with pain meds. It is constant. It definitely adds meaning to the "thorn in the flesh" that Paul dealt with. I can definitely understand his prayers to God to take it away. It complicates every area of my life. A split second of my life, one decision (to get on the quad), one false move that wasn't even my move, and my life has been altered so completely. Isn't life always like that. It's that one split second, that one seemingly insignificant decision, that can change our lives, sometimes forever.
Saturday, July 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm reading a book by Dr. Les Parrott called "3 Seconds" and it talks about those split-second decisions and how they change us. It also talks about how we have opportunity to change our future and our thinking in just 3 seconds.
Have a great week...I've added you to my prayer list.
:-) Susan
"It's that one split second, that one seemingly insignificant decision, that can change our lives, sometimes forever."
What a powerful statement! And a great reminder to be praying always.
I'm praying for you...
I wish it didn't take a crazy thing like this knee to make me stop and realize the powerful truths of life!! Thanks for the prayers, I need them!
Post a Comment