
I haven't done a Thursday Thirteen in a long while so in honor of today's high of 111 degrees in Phoenix...Thirteen things you can do on a really hot summer day...
1. Go swimming...but wear a lot of sunscreen!!
2. Take your kids outside in the guise of washing the car and completely douse them with the hose!! (if you're going to be outside longer that a few minutes I recommend wearing lots of sunscreen!!)
3. Go to the local Waterpark...and wear a lot of sunscreen!!
4. Go to the local splash zone at the park...and, yes, wear a LOT of sunscreen!!
5. Go to the zoo that has a water zone in it...and wear a lot of sunscreen!!
6. Lure your children outside..."Hey kids, look there's a cute puppy in the yard!!"...then pummel them with water balloons!! Expect revenge....
7. Drive through the carwash with the windows open.
8. Fill a kiddie pool with water and dishwashing soap and blow some really big bubbles!
9. Go out for ice cream.
10. Stay inside and watch movies and eat popcorn all day (no sunscreen required)
11. Go to a McDonald's with a playland, buy a soda, and sit and read a good book or visit a friend for four hours (I did this today!)
12. If you have small children, go to the mall and let them play in that wierd play area that has gigantic plastic bugs, cars, or even more strange...Food!! Unfortunately, they don't usually let the bigger kids play on these for fear of them being trampling the little kids.
13. Go to California, Oregon, or anywhere that the temperature is lower than 100 degrees.
Thursday, June 28, 2007
Thursday Thirteen
Posted by Sally Datria at 10:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yep...I always love it when people tell me "it's a dry heat". It's still HEAT....and I tell them if you want to stick your head in a convection oven, it's great in the Summer. Stay "cool"...and WEAR sunscreen.
:-) Susan
Hope you're keeping cool.
To prove just how cool, I've named you a "Rockin' Girl Blogger".
Love,
Heather
Thanks for stopping by. I can't believe you have to go back to school so soon:(
I love Mike's website.
Keep coming back.
"13. Go to California, Oregon, or anywhere that the temperature is lower than 100 degrees."
Now everyone knows the REAL reason I'm staying at my parents so long (grin)....nothing beats a 40 degree drop in temps at night when "home" is over 110 degrees. I'll not mention that the hottest temp so far has been 99 without almost no humidity and we still wear sweatshirts at night. Oops, I just did (G,R & D)!
But, alas, I'll be home in just a few more days. Just in time for the Monsoon=(
Hang in there!
In His Love,
Niki
Post a Comment