
For those of you who own the Disney movie "Finding Nemo" and have not stopped to listen to the banter at the beginning while the movie is waiting for you to press play from the start menu you must, it's hilarious!! My life right now, on the other hand, is anything but.
I'm reminded on a daily basis to "just keep swimming, swimming, swimming..." (a famous quote from Dory in "Finding Nemo" in case you didn't know) Simply getting through the day sane is a challenge right now. Tim is, for the most part, recovering well...but he still can't do many of the things he has always done...like carrying S. to her own bed when she falls asleep in ours, or pulling wet carpet out of our closet after our washer springs a leak.
Yes, you "heard" that right. Yesterday afternoon I discovered a wet spot on the carpet in my bedroom closet. I promptly swore at the cat under my breath and sprayed it with Odoban and threw a towel on it. I came back later to finish the job and the spot was bigger....and it trailed from the back wall. I know, I know...those of you who know me are amazed I could SEE that it trailed from the back wall given the normal state of my closet floor but I COULD! So, being the wonderful mother that I am I roused my kids from their slumber (they had just gone to bed...they weren't really asleep) and made them clean out the closet (okay, they dumped it all into buckets that are still strewn around my living room)...it became abundantly clear as J. jumped up and down on the carpet and proclaimed it "cool" and "squishy" that we had a slightly larger problem on our hands. So...I pulled out the box cutter, cut the carpet across the doorway (thankfully it hadn't quite made it that far yet), and started pulling up wet carpet, and even wetter padding, and mopping up the remaining inch or two of water with any towel the kids could find and throw at me.
SIGH
I finally finished up and put two fans in the closet to dry out the remaining water and soggy floorboards and sat on the couch to veg in front of a DVD.
Guess what???
The DVD player is broken. It won't read any disc. I tried several. Possibly a dozen before I gave up.
Put one foot in front of the other...."just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...." BREATHE!!!
It's just been one of those weeks. Hopefully, next week will be better.
Sunday, November 11, 2007
Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I only wish we could soemhow get you one of our Shop Vacs. We used to have none, but due to various sitautions, we now have three...
You lifted a rhino off your husband? Wow, you are one buff chick! I love seeing your picture--I think it might be the first one I've ever seen of you! Thanks for telling me about your blog! Merry :-)
Post a Comment