Well, now that the news is good I will share with you the stress of the last few days. Some of you know, and many of you don't, that a few weeks ago I had an ultrasound of my thyroid that showed that I have, at minimum, six nodules in my thyroid...the smallest of which is 3cm, the largest of which is 2.3 CM!! There was some concern, obviously, that one or more of these might be cancerous. I had to have a nuclear thyroid uptake scan which takes TWO DAYS and is rather disconcerting (they take the pill out of a metal box with a big radioactive warning on it, the pill is in a tube, and they tell you not to touch it just throw it back out of the tube into your mouth...now if it's going to hurt my hands, won't it...never mind we won't go there!!!). Then today I went to my endocrinologist for a biopsy. I DIDN'T, however, have to have the biopsy because my scan came back CLEAR!! Praise GOD!!! There was a small section of my thyroid that showed up "cold" which was of some concern but after doing an ultrasound of that area, my endocrinologist, determined it was normal thyroid tissue that wasn't functioning, but not a tumor. As long as my bloodwork continues to come back normal, and future ultrasounds don't show growth of the nodules then we are good to go. I have to go back for another ultrasound in six months to follow up...and then every year after that...you know what?? I'm totally okay with that!!
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Praising God and rejoicing with you, Sally! And I wouldn't want to think about that radio-"activity" inside, either. It's a wonder at what risk is worth what result. So glad you won't have to undergo more, but I'll keep you in my prayers.
In His Love,
Niki
Oh, wow, Sally! I have been thinking of you and praying for you. I'm so glad you got good news! Do you glow in the dark now?
Wendi
Celebrating with you.
Blessings.
:-) Susan
I'm so glad for you, Sally! Praise God!
Love,
Katy
Hi Cuz!
Sally, we are all so happy and relieved to hear the wonderful news regarding your thyroid tests! We were all praying for you... Sherry & Diane too! We've all been blessed by His love and our family's support. Whew! What a stressful summer!
Now don't you worry about that pill! You're young and it will all be fine! Miss seeing you!
Love & Hugs!
Linda
Thank you to all of you for your well wishes and prayers!!
Post a Comment