Thursday, August 16, 2007

Thursday Fifteen?

I can't claim to be the inventor of this idea. My friend Heatherdid this for her anniversary this year. But in honor of my dh and my 15th Anniversary...here is my Thursday 15!!

1992: We get married and spend the first night of our Honeymoon in La Jolla, CA. The next day we open presents, pack our car, and drive away to Philadelphia so dh can finish his Seminary degree.

1993: We move back to California, and begin working with the youth group at First Baptist Church of Santa Ana. We got offered the job there by a long time family friend.

1994:Tim gets a job working for Campus Crusade for Christ in San Clemente. We move to San Juan Capistrano about a mile from the beach.

1995:Our first little bundle of job arrives. We LOVE being parents, even if she's a little on the needy side and has to be walked for HOURS at a time to get her to sleep!!

1996: Tim continues to work for the Jesus Film Project, Sally goes back to her old job at the Bible House...splitting a shift with her Mom who spends have the day working and the other half being Grandma to the little one.

1997: Tim gets a call to be the youth pastor at Hope Baptist Church in Phoenix, AZ. We pack up the U-haul and head out of state.

1998: We start our year off with the birth of our son. He is a calm and quiet baby who LOVES to sleep. We meet and become fast friends with the Nations...our first born children are only one day apart!

1999: We are blessed with our second daughter, who came as a surprise...with a seven month old son Mommy didn't know why she was SO TIRED all the time...dd2 was the reason!!

2000 Life rolls along pretty normally. Tim is working for a swimming pool company and I'm at home, raising and schooling the kids full time. I have the priviledge of attending the home birth of my best friend's dd2, and I'm hooked...maybe I should become a L&D nurse?

2001: We begin to apprentice under the Nations teaching Parenting Classes at church and find that our true love and calling is training parents to raise their children in the Love and admonition of the Lord.

2002: After a devestating miscarriage, we are blessed with our third daughter. She is joy embodied. There is little wonder that Joy is her middle name.

2003: This year is pretty much a blur of family life and homeschooling.

2004: Tim becomes a computer teacher at Skyline West H.S., the kids experience "real school" for the first time and Sally goes back to college to finish her teaching credential. Full time school was put on hold when she was offered a long term sub position at Pinnacle Pointe Academy. She continues school on a part time basis.

2005: Sally was offered a permanent contract at PPA and the kids joined her there for school. We buy a new minivan to get us to and from school/work.

2006: Sally continues to teach at PPA, dd1 becomes a sixth grader, and dd3 starts preschool. Tim's sister,her husband, baby daughter and Tim's parents move to Oregon. Our dear friends, the Nations, take a job and move to Florida.

2007: We have a child entering Jr. High and a child entering Kindergarten in the same year! Sally is almost done with her credentialing process and is teaching fourth grade for the third year in a row still at PPA. We celebrate 15 years of marriage and despite some health issues are looking forward to a fantastic year ahead!

Happy Anniversary honey, you are a treasure to me!! I couldn't do any of it without you.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I had to laugh because I have been so swamped with school this week, that I didn't post until late last night. And I've read almost ZERO blogs this week. This morning, on my Google Reader, I noticed this post from your blog...and we did EXACTLY the same thing on the same day!! Congratulations on YOUR anniversary. And hooray to Heather for being so very smart!!

:-) Susan

Heather said...

Happy Anniversary! Dave and I went on a DATE (yes, a real one) in honor of you, and he held my hand as I boo-hooed about how much I miss you.

Love,
Heather

(who painted the downstairs bathroom a COLOR all by herself today...what a good influence you are!)