Saturday, August 12, 2006

Do the little things bug you?

I've had a couple of rough weeks. I had a parent keep me after work for 45 minutes arguing over something that so TRULY didn't matter. I got a speeding ticket. I got a jury summons. I got an email from a mom who felt I wasn't being fair to her child. I had to send a kid for a referral to special ed. I had an asthma attack while hiking today. My son told our best babysitter that he hated her, made her cry, and she said she was never coming back (this did get rectified and he did apologize but still!!!) Some of these things were my fault (the ticket) or my responsibility because of my job as both a teacher and a parent...but I have just started to feel like I am walking around with a big red target on my back!!! Any single one of these things would not be a huge deal but to have it all (and more that I didn't go into) happen in the course of about a week and a half is just more than this mommy/teacher/target can handle!

When we were driving home tonight from a wonderful date to celebrate our 14th anniversary (there were some bright spots this week too!) God gave me a picture of my life right now. We drove (and drove and drove it seemed) through this swarm of bugs...This is how my front bumper looked when we got home....

 

You know what my wonderful husband did right after we got home??? He washed the bugs off!! Now my car is clean again (well, at least on the outside!) and bug free.

It made me think.

Our God is a wonderful redeemer. HE can wash the bugs off of our lives and give us a clean start.

But we have to let him. So starting right now (okay, maybe tomorrow because right now I'm going to bed!) I'm going to face the day as a new day...and stop looking over my shoulder feeling like there's a target on my back.

At least I'm going to try!!

Here's a few more pictures from our date!! We went hiking at Lake Pleasant and saw Wild Burro's!!!

 


  Posted by Picasa

Aren't the clouds magnificent?!?! We had a whopper rainstorm last night!!

1 comments:

Heather said...

Cool burros!

Here's to a fresh new week, with no mistakes in it--gotta love Anne with an "e"!