Saturday, September 06, 2008

Finally!!!

About two weeks ago my littlest came to me with big alligator tears asking me, "Momma, how come ALL of my friends have loost toofs and NOT ME?!" I told her that everyone loses teeth at different times and that she would too she would just have to be patient. She told me she was still going to cry for a little bit because she was sad.

WELL...Thursday at school she was eating an apple and practically knocked her tooth right out!! It was hanging by a bare thread so when we got home she let her big sissy (this is B's official job in our family) pull it out!!! There was GREAT rejoicing as she put it under her pillow and asked me about a hundred times if I remembered to call the tooth fairy. She wrote a note asking if she could keep her tooth so she could show her class. She even drew a picture for the tooth fairy...when I asked her why she look at me amazed, "Mommy, if someone comes all this way to give you a surprise when you lose your tooth you should give them a picture or something to say thank you, that's only polite!" Well, yes it is!! That's my polite girl!! Needless to say the tooth fairy accepted the picture in leiu of the tooth so she could show it to her class, and left her a lipgloss AND a golden dollar! Never was there a more excited six year old girl on Friday morning!!



Here she is showing how she can breathe through a straw now with her mouth closed and her nose plugged because she can put the straw through the space in her teeth!! LOL!!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Awww what fun pics to celebrate.

:-) susan

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you Sarah and for the tooth fairy. I happen to know, because I am an old friend of the tooth fairy, that a picture is a terrific replacement for a tooth. Take very good care of the new one. It has to last a very long time. Love and Kisses Grandma judy