Going to the coast is NOT the same as going to the beach!! It is COLD at the coast, at least as far north as we were!! We had to wear jackets the whole time...no suntans for us!! Never the less, the kids had a ball, got wet and freezing, and dug in the sand until they started to turn blue!! On the second day we went we got smart and found a protected little area that blocked the wind!! That helped a TON!! There was a little river that ran into the ocean from there so the kids could play in the sand, get wet, and not freeze QUITE as much!! The BIG BONUS was I could read my book without worrying about the kids getting washed out to sea....apparently the tides are worse in Oregon and so many people warned me about it that I was a little paranoid!
I really love the light effects on this shot:
Grandpa was naughty and fed the sea gulls...within seconds we had HUNDREDS of them flying in from EVERYWHERE!! Picture a freaky scene from the movie birds!!! Bethany had fun chasing them away.

0 comments:
Post a Comment