Saturday, June 14, 2008

What is even more exciting than...

...leading someone to Christ??

I know, I know...you probably have the same expression on your face that my pastor had on his face when I asked him that question...disbelief...there couldn't be anything better?? I promise you there is....

The one thing better than leading someone to Christ is watching as your oldest daughter leads someone to Christ...actually four someones to be exact. I think it was quite possibly the coolest experience of my life!!

We spent this week at VBS at our church and *I* was the leader of our crew and my TQ was the assistant leader of our crew. It ended up being the other way around. My dd led the girls around and asked all the right questions and earned their love and respect. I sat back and watched in awe as my little girl led this group with the finesse of a grown woman and the enthusiasm of a teenager. It was AWESOME!! On Thursday, the day we learned that "Jesus gives us the power to live forever!! Ah Ha!!" the pastor very simply explained the plan of salvation, then he turned it over the the crew leaders...before I could even ask a question, my dd had all the girls gathered around her and was asking if anyone had prayed that prayer for the first time and did they know what that meant...and went on to explain it all...while I watched in wonder. Tears are rolling down my cheek still as I type this two days later...truly it was an amazing experience to see my beautiful daughter in action, displaying the faith and conviction that I have prayed for for years!!

 


My youngest also prayed that prayer and while she has prayed it before...a number of times...I think she finally really understands what she is doing well enough to be baptized. She is meeting with the Children's Pastor on Sunday after church to talk about it.

 


Josiah's evangelism style is a little more out there!! Just Kidding...he and his friends cannot take a picture unless they are choking each other...must be a 10 year old boy thing!!

 


Last but not least, here is Abby hanging out with the girls from her crew! They had a great week together!!

 
Posted by Picasa


We all had a great time and can't wait until next year!!!

0 comments: