For several weeks now I have had this story come to mind, in response to bible study questions, in conversations with friends, and now a friend of mine (thanks Amy!) sent me this link in an email.
The topic? Judging other people.
My perspective was utterly changed one day when I was judged. I was in a very vunerable place at the time. My husband had just been in a roll over accident and was in the hospital. I had gotten very little sleep the night before because I was sleeping on the empty bed next to him in his hospital room. I had just made the three hour drive from the hospital home to pick up the kids and bring them up to see him so they would know he was okay. I stopped at Wal-mart to pick up a few things. I was in a hurry to get the kids and get on the road because we had a three hour drive ahead of us and I went through the 20 items or less line with 23 or 24 items. To say I was stressed was an understatement. I don't know what the lady behind the counter had been going through or if she was just in a bad mood but she made some snarky comment about my having more than 20 items. I just about lost it. I yelled at her that my husband was in the hospital and could she just cut me a break? She was stunned as I took my groceries and left. God has used that experience in my life in a profound way. You have no idea what the people around us are going through. Indeed, it would be overwhelming if did. Check out this video.
You Tube Video
Monday, June 09, 2008
Food for thought...
Posted by Sally Datria at 2:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow. That video is great, Sally! I passed it along to my DH.
:-) Susan
That was great!
And too funny...I know about a gazillion people who go to that church roflol!
You're welcome Sally! I welcomed that video when my girlfriend told me about it and asked if she could forward it to me - I said heck ya! And my DH and DD thought it was great too!
Post a Comment