Saturday, May 03, 2008
Relay for Life!!
A lady from our church came and spoke to the youth group about the Relay for Life about a month ago and Bethany came home bouncing off the walls wanting to participate!! Her godmother and my best friend, Heather went through what I can only describe as a horrific treatment for a horrific cancer and has survived to tell the tale!! We are hugely grateful to God that she is still with us and continue to pray without ceasing for her continuing remission (I don't think you can call it remission until she has been cancer free for two years and it's only been one but I don't know what else to call it)...So this past weekend Bethany and I went off to participate in the Relay for Life. She was determined to stay all night, she got close...she decided at 2:30 a.m. that she wanted to go home...which turned out for the best as I was slotted to help with the church play on Sunday. I was a little bleary eyed but made it to church. She, on the other hand, slept in until 11:00!!
Here are our luminaria:
In case you are wondering who "King JuJu" is...he was a sweet, beautiful little four year old boy who lost his battle with a brain tumor this past January. I never met him in real life...I only "knew" him through his blog...but he touched my life, and he touched my kids, simply by being him. He is in the arms of Jesus...but no mother should have to endure losing a child, especially to such a horrible disease...so I walked for Mimi, and for all the other mothers of children with cancer that she represents, so that fewer mothers will have to bury their beautiful little babies!! Fly High, King JuJu, Fly High!!
Posted by Sally Datria at 5:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment