My friend Amy Wallacetagged me today to play "Six Weird Things About Me."Read on if you dare and learn some off the wall stuff about Sally....
1. I teach fourth grade...on purpose...
2. My daughter once ate a worm...on purpose...(and she told me to write that).
3. I have four kids...on purpose...
4. One of my favorite "treats" is creamed spinach!
5. I'm completely addicted to Grey's Anatomy (to the point that I watch re-runs on the internet).
6. When I have too much caffeine my student's all think that I'm really wierd because I talk way too fast and jump around while I'm teaching (they buy me lots of Starbucks cards though, because it entertains them).
I'd tag Heather and Laurie but Amy already tagged them so you'll just have to surf over there and see if they did it since they've now been tagged twice!!
Monday, February 05, 2007
Posted by Sally Datria at 1:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Great post, Sally! So glad to know there are people out there who "teach on purpose"....it's refreshing to our profession.
Blessings.
:-) Susan
You wouldn't believe how many times people have asked me what I do, and when I tell them I teach fourth grade, they ask me, "on purpose?"
I guess I shouldn't find that quite as appalling as the people that ask me if I had four children "on purpose" but I do.
I don't understand people who don't view children as a blessing.
Sally,
Your 6 weird things had me LOL! Spinach? Really???
The rest "on purpose" items I get and praise you for! It takes a woman of great strength and faith to raise kids and teach too!
If I lived closer I think I'd be buying you a ton of Starbucks as well. :-)Hey, what if I offer you all the Starbucks you could want and a free dinner plus more to come down South for my booksigning???
Amy
When is the book signing...you KNOW I will do almost anything for free Starbucks!! LOL!! Seriously, Heather and I have kicked around the idea pretty seriously.
Oh, we're beyond kicking it around,even if I have to give up one of my cheap tickets to get your tushie there. Laurie's coming too...I imagine she'll drive so we'll have a car, and it'll be Amy's job to find us a hotel, unless she wants us all to sleep in her basement. So save the date, chickie!
Love you...and your FROZEN (ugh) creamed spinach, too!
Grinning, running (well, as fast as I can these days) and ducking,
Heather
I still don't KNOW the date...oh great and wise one!!
I could catch you right now, chicka, so watch it!!LOL!!
Sally,
Put April 28th on your calendar [wink]. That does happen to be the ONLY very required work day for me the whole month, but I'll be done about 11 a.m. I think and then I'm hittin' the road...
Now... about that creamed spinach! EWWWW.... I agree--that IS weird! :-)
Hugs,
Laurie
Post a Comment