I'm not sure if there are even people out there in cyberland reading my blog...so I write to myself as I write to you who might be reading. It's been a long time since I have posted anything here. That's because I've re-entered the workforce after 10 some odd years of being a stay at home mom. At the very least it has been an interesting change. The working part isn't hard, I'd say in many ways it is easier than juggling a two year old, trying to get all my housework done, and living the life of a stay at home mom who is never at home. Now I just don't do my housework. Period. I'm lucky if I get a load of laundry done each night...and trust me, with four kids, one load a night is not enough. Dinner has become whatever I can scratch up in 15 minutes...or the local drive through de jour. I have a lot of respect for working moms who make it work because I haven't figured it out yet. It's only been two weeks.
I do miss my kids. A lot. I don't see them very much right now. But I comfort myself with the fact that next year they will be with me at the school I'm working at and I will see them all the time. Except Sarah...<<
So now I am a teacher.
Okay, so now I have the title teacher. I have always been a teacher. But other people are now entrusting me with their children. That's a truly amazing thing when you think about it. I hope I live up to their trust.
Come blog with me as I enter the wonderful world of teaching.
Thursday, April 14, 2005
The Wonderful World of Teaching
Posted by Sally Datria at 9:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm reading, Sally!
And praying for you all... I don't think any of us get it all figured out. That's only one of the myriad reasons we need Jesus. ;-)
By the way... laundry's highly overrated. Until it's all dirty that is. LOL
I'm praying for your Sarah too. My little Sarah-bear sometimes gets the short end of the stick being the last one of the bunch. But God determined their order of birth and I can't help but trust HIM to give Sarah and my other princesses all they need. That's the key~ trusting God to provide for us, and our little ones.
Much love,
Amy
What's MY excuse??? You're doing great...no one's gone naked to school yet.
Love,
Your stay at home friend :-)
I'm reading too! :-)
And hey, here's a silver lining...at least while you're gone during the day, your house stays the same since there is no one there to mess it up. Mine is perpetually decorated in "just bombed" since there is always someone here. :-P
Sweetheart; life is a whole lot more than housework. Housework is not something you loved to do anyway and now you have a great excuse.
As a mom who work a lot of years while raising two kids, I have several dinners that can be made in 20 mins or less so just ask and I'll pass them on.
The most important thing is that you and your husband are raising your kids in the values of Christ, and that is much more important than a clean house and that you always have time for. Life here is temperal and dust will not follow you to heaven.
This is advice from an extremely wise women, just ask my daughter
Post a Comment