I make these in bulk and freeze them so I'm cutting down the recipe...for my cooked, diced chicken, I throw a whole chicken in a crock-pot overnight and then de-bone it in the morning...it yields about 6 cups of chicken which would make this recipe three times.
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
1 cube cream cheese (8oz)
4 chopped green onions
4 Tbls chopped bacon (I use Hormel real bacon bits from Sam's Club)
1.5 tsp salt (I use sea salt)
1 tsp black pepper
2 cans refrigerated crescent rolls or similar
Directions:
Mix first 6 ingredients together in a bowl. Set aside. Unroll crescent rolls and put two triangles together to create a rectangle and pinch the centers together. (they make these in sheets now for recipes, which would preclude having to put them together but I'm too cheap to buy name brand unless I have a coupon!) Put a large scoop (I used my Pampered Chef medium cookie scoop) of chicken mixture in the center. Fold up sides to enclose. At this point, if you're freezing for later place "buns" as close together side by side in the freezer container of your choice and freeze. When you use them later, let them come to room temperature, brush outside of bun with egg and bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. If you're not freezing I don't bother with the egg wash...might not need it if you do freeze but I haven't tried that yet. If you're cooking right away just place on a cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. These were a BIG hit with the kids!!
Yields: 8 "buns"

0 comments:
Post a Comment