We had to come up with a song for our class to sing for our annual "Winter Concert" and we were told it could be Christmas related as long as it wasn't "too religious"...sigh...don't get me on that soapbox...it's CHRISTmas for goodness sake!! But I digress...
So I sat on my bench in the 100 Acre Woods and visited my thinking spot...think, think, think....
Then I had an epiphany!! Last year at our Women's Christmas dinner some of the men who were doing the music performed this songand the seed of the idea was planted...
Now...I am not nearly computer savvy enough to put the music on my blog this late at night on a school night so you'll have to sing along...you all know it...the tune is "jingle bells." The song, however, is a little different...
Dashing through the sand, in a jeep with four wheel drive,
O'er the rocks and shrubs, Santa will arrive.
Don't worry there's no snow, Santa has a plan,
While he's in our part of town he'll work on his suntan!!
Chorus:
Jingle Bells, Lizard Tails, Hot and sunny day!
Santa's here in desert town, he's come to catch some rays!!
Jingle Bells, Lizard Tails, Hot and sunny day...
Santa's Jeep is packed with toys the Arizona way.
A day or two ago, I thought I'd take a ride,
so I gassed up the quads, with Santa by my side...
We thought we'd hit the dunes, found a cactus in our way...
ended up pulling stickers out for all of Christmas Day! OUCH!!
Chorus:
Jingle Bells, Lizard Tails, Hot and sunny day!
Santa's here in desert town, he's come to catch some rays!!
Jingle Bells, Lizard Tails, Hot and sunny day...
Santa's Jeep is packed with toys the Arizona way.
Later on that week, we traveled once again,
Grand Canyon was our hope, got stuck on I-10!
We traveled for what seemed, a million miles or more,
but we only got as far as the Anthem outlet stores! Ca-ching!
Chorus:
Jingle Bells, Lizard Tails, Hot and sunny day!
Santa's here in desert town, he's come to catch some rays!!
Jingle Bells, Lizard Tails, Hot and sunny day...
Santa's Jeep is packed with toys the Arizona way.
Snowsuits aren't for us, we wear shorts and shades,
instead of sledding down the hill, we go on rollerblades,
We don't shovel snow, we never miss a beat,
Come visit us at Christmas time and soak up the "dry heat!"
Chorus:
Jingle Bells, Lizard Tails, Hot and sunny day!
Santa's here in desert town, he's come to catch some rays!!
Jingle Bells, Lizard Tails, Hot and sunny day...
Santa's Jeep is packed with toys the Arizona way.
Have a very Merry CHRISTmas and a Blessed New Year!!
Thursday, December 20, 2007
An Arizona Christmas!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Love it! Hope you're having a better week, because I'm NOT!!! Missed you at the cookie exchange tonight, but hope the kids' program was great. Merry CHRISTmas to you and yours, too.
In His Love,
Niki
Post a Comment