Monday, January 29, 2007
The DANCE!!!
It's OFFICIAL!! I am OLD!! My dd went to her first dance last Friday night!! They had so much fun and because I'm a teacher at her school I got to chaperone!! Even better!! When is the last time YOU got to go to your daughter's first dance and not have her say "MOOOOMMMMM, please don't come you'll embarrass me!!" Ha! Ha! Too bad sweetie, I'm required to go!! Seriously, thought they were so cute and had so much fun...and what's really great is this boy is really her friend and he treats her with a lot of respect. She was upset the other day and came into my room at lunch to finish up a math test (the fact that she was missing lunch recess and the opportunity to sell rootbeer floats to take this test was her reason for being upset) and he kept walking through my room. He didn't disturb her...he didn't talk to her...he just kept looking at her, obviously concerned because she was crying. He finally threw a dollar on her desk and told her it was to buy her a rootbeer float and ran out. It was so cute!! He was trying to hard to cheer her up!! He really is a sweet boy and if she HAS to have a "boyfriend" I'm glad she chose him....
Posted by Sally Datria at 6:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Awww...that's a sweet story and great pics!! Yep, sounds like she picked a GREAT friend! This shows what she values. This will serve her well when she finds her future spouse...cause friendship is what the best marriages are made of!!
:-) Susan
Isn't young love grand. Makes me breathe a small sigh of relief that we're no longer close to COLIN and that the boys across the street are hideously immature. I'm delighted that she had a good time--tell her she looks good in that DRESS--not at all like a "second-grader".
Love,
Heather
Post a Comment