Friday, April 21, 2006

My Beloved

This is a guest writer...proud Mama just HAD to share!! This was an assignment she was given in her reading and she really made me proud!!

I am my Beloved's and He is Mine…
By Bethany Datria

My betrothed….hmmm…If I were to describe my true betrothed he would be a tall man with brown hair and blue eyes, skinny, and light skinned. He’s friendly and kind. He’s outgoing and because of this he stands out in a crowd. He’s smart and he’s a deep thinker.
He and I have several things in common. We both have great grades in science and math and we love it, too! We both have degrees in Science. Neither of us likes dressing up fancy. We also both have glasses as well.
When we get married we’ll live in a big light house next to the ocean on the island of Hawaii. We’ll have a big family, say seven or eight children. It’ll be a happy family that spends as much time as we can together. We’ll work together to give back to God and our community.
My betrothed will be a scientist. He’ll improve life everyday with technology. He tinkers with electronics to improve them. He sometimes completely re-designs them.
Sometimes I wonder if I want to meet my betrothed right now. My answer is no, not really. I think that the longer you wait the better they seem, smarter and more handsome. If you find them at a young age you might never think they’re the one.

2 comments:

Amy L. Roland said...

Just beautiful!!! Sally, I bet you will treasure that forever. I know I would.
(Plus, it might be fun to read at bridal shower someday!!)

Sally Datria said...

It's funny, it took me a while to realize that she's more or less describing her daddy!!